Use eHW from any Web access point to practice homework problems and get immediate scoring and feedback.
To access eHW, click HERE.
Questions about eHW :
How do I purchase an access code to use eHW?
I forgot my username and password. Please help.
How do I register into my instructor's section in eHW?
How do I use eHW?
Where can I get help troubleshooting?
Why is eHW required in College Algebra classes?
What are the system requirements?
Questions and answers about eHW:
How do I purchase an access code? [ Return to Top ]
- Student access codes for Maple T.A. are available for purchase for Fall 2013 by clicking HERE. This link takes you directly to the Webstore page for IPFW which has a unique promotional code for IPFW students. Contact Maplesoft customer service at 1-800-267-6583 ext. 240 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help.
- Licenses are good for one year. Codes purchased at any time this Fall 2012 semester will expire at the end of Summer Session 2013.
- Access codes are no longer available for purchase at the bookstore.
- If you do not have a credit card, one option is to purchase a prepaid Visa or Mastercard, available at supermarkets or department stores.
I forgot my username and password. Please help! [ Return to Top ]
If you have purchased an access code and never entered clicked HERE to enter the information into the system, there's nothing that can be done. You would have to purchase another access code.
If however, you entered in your name and your e-mail address, click HERE and underneath the login use the "Forgot My Password". If the supplied email address was found in the system, the system will e-mail you a new password. One you use it to login, use the "My Proile" link to change your password to something more familiar. If the supplied e-mail address was not found in the system, it may be that your code has expired or that you entered it in the system incorrectly when you first registered. In this case, contact email@example.com for help.
Where can I get help troubleshooting? [ Return to Top ]
- Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for issues related to how eHW is working. (Talk to your instructor or CASA for help with how to answer the mathematical homework questions.)
Important: In the subject line of your e-mail include "eHW".
Be as specific as possible as to the problem.
Be sure to include your full name and your course section.
How do I register into my instructor's section in eHW? [ Return to Top ]
- Directions are on the handout,which is given to all College Algebra students on the first day of class. They are also HERE, with screen images.
See these detailed step by step guides: The above handouts are given to all College Algebra students on the first day of class in the General Course Information packet.
Why is eHW used for College Algebra courses? [ Return to Top ]
- Online homework has been shown to help students develop mastery of those algebraic techniques that are needed for problem solving and mathematical modeling, as well as for later course work.
- Students sometimes share that they want to learn by watching the teacher do one example after another. This is not the best use of class time. In class, you work in teams to solve problems, communicate your reasoning, and see how mathematics can apply to your lives. Outside of class, online homework can enable you to see patterns through repeated practice, get immediate computer-graded feedback, and keep re-doing the assignment until you get it correct.
- Students have generally responded favorably to online homework. Unsolicited student comments include:
Students who have responded unfavorably generally did not like any kind of math homework.
- “I flunked this class last semester. This semester, the night before each test, I do online homework over and over just for practice and now I’ve been getting B’s on exams.”
- “Finally, I understand how to do it after completing eHW.”
- “Handing in regular (paper and pencil) homework is a one shot deal – you miss it and there’s no
redo. But I can redo eHW until I get a 100%. Without eHW, I would have failed the class.”
- You only need access to a computer with an Internet connection such as those in the open-access labs on campus or, if off-campus, you could use computers in the public library. Some students have used the computers right in The Spot (the IPFW tutoring center in Kettler G21) to work on their eHW.
- Even a dial-up connection will work.
- Once you complete an assignment, your score is immediately recorded in the instructor’s Gradebook. You need not print anything to submit to your instructor. At any time, you can view your results from past assignments and the worked out solutions by clicking on the Gradebook link.
- You do not need to complete an assignment all in one sitting; however, you can only work on one assignment at a time. If you are interrupted during a homework assignment or quiz, you can log back into the system and return to the assignment where you left off. Your interaction with the system is saved as you move from one question to the next. If thunder strikes your computer during the assignment and you lose your connection prior to submitting it, everything up until the last question you were on will be saved. By the way, please stay off of a computer during a thunderstorm.
- See these system requirements to confirm that you have all of the programs and hardware requirements that you will need to successfully use eHW.