Department of Mathematical Sciences
Welcome to the Mathematical Sciences department at Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne. The Mathematical Sciences Department is housed within the College of Arts and Sciences. Our goal is to open students' minds to the utility of the mathematical sciences and to develop their understanding, problem solving ability, and analytical thinking skills. Along with these main skills the department strives to train and educate its students in the tools, methods and strategies of solving real world problems.
Thank you for visiting our Web site!
News for 2014:
- Professor David Legg passed away in July 2014. In Memoriam
- The fourth annual Analysis Mini-Symposium will be Friday/Saturday, September 19/20.
- The MIGHTY Graph Theory Conference will be Friday/Saturday, October 3/4.
- April 4-5, 2014, the department hosted the Spring Meeting of the Indiana Section of the Mathematical Association of America. Events, on this 50th anniversary year of IPFW and the Department of Mathematical Sciences. The conference included invited and contributed talks and the 2014 Indiana College Mathematics Competition. Photos from the Event
- This web site for our department was under construction during Fall 2010 - Spring 2012. There may be still be some bugs or broken links due to the transition. Contact a member of the department's Technology committee to report problems, make suggestions for our new site, or discuss Web Accessibility issues.