The ILCS Department Chair and the departmental secretaries have written newsletters in recent years to help keep faculty, staff, students and alumni informed about the department and each other.
Download previous newsletters:
Finn Buldt studied in Japan during the last school year with a full scholarship from the Japanese government.
Danielle Parsons participated in the annual speech contest organized by the Japanese Consulate. She won the Sister City Osaka Award, which gave her a round trip ticket to Osaka and a two week home-stay in Osaka.
John Gatke, recent French and Political Science graduate was accepted to the progessional French Masters Program at the University of Wisconsin Madison.
There are many new and exciting things happening with the Language Lab. Check out the list below:
The lab is open from 10am to 8pm Monday - Thursday; 10am to 4pm-Friday.
In this lab, you may:
Use the TVs to watch:
• Dvds (Spanish, French, German, Japanese, Chinese, and Arabic movies and documentaries)
Use the Computers to access:
• your online class audio/video programs
• foreign language sites
as well as to:
• listen to foreign music CDs
• watch foreign language DVDs
• use foreign language CD-Roms
Browse the bookshelves to:
• Find books, magazines, movies, CDs, and reference material (some of it will be available for check-out)
Get tutoring sessions
• CASA tutors will be available at certain scheduled times
Attend various events:
• Spanish Table, French club, Chinese Corner
• various presentations (on Culture, grammar, etc…)
• Fun times (Games, talent shows, tongue twister contests, etc…)
• weekly International movies
Please look at the Bulletin Board to see what activities are coming up.