To better serve our student population, we strive:
- To schedule coursework so that full-time students can complete the degree within two academic years.
- To serve multiple populations, including
- Career-oriented students seeking employment or advancement within a job
- Students interested in entering a doctoral program
- Part-time students
- Full-time students
- Working professionals.
The learning goals for the Professional Communication Master's Program strive:
- To offer a balanced approach between Communication theory and Communication practice.
- To integrate various approaches to the study of Communication, including rhetorical, theoretical, and critical analysis.
- To offer three different kinds of courses: A research methods course, courses from a Communication theory core, and courses in an area of specialization.
- To prepare students accordingly in one of the following broadly defined areas:
- media studies
- interpersonal and organizational communication.