The IPFW Department of Nursing offers the following opportunities leading to a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) with a major in Nursing:
The baccalaureate program prepares graduates to attain the following outcomes:
• Validate professionalism through awareness, assertiveness, accountability, and advocacy.
Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams in the delivery of patient-centered care in complex healthcare environments.
• Formulate nursing practice decisions using critical thinking skills and evolving knowledge from nursing science, the biological and behavioral sciences, and the arts and humanities.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of health outcomes through the application of theory and evidence-based practice.
• Employ effective communication skills in partnering with individuals, families, communities and inter-professional health care teams to design and provide safe, evidence based patient-centered care.
• Leverage technology to synthesize information and knowledge from data to improve health care.
Prospective students please review our programs. If you wish to meet with a nursing advisor, please call 260-481-5782 to schedule an appointment.
The IPFW Undergraduate Nursing Programs
are accredited by the
Indiana State Board of Nursing Health Profession Bureau
and accredited by the
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
3343 Peachtree Road, NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326