Master of Science with a Major in Nursing
IPFW Master of Science with a major in Nursing programs prepare graduates to attain the following outcomes:
- Lead in the vision, development, implementation and evaluation of care delivery approaches that ensure ethical stewardship, accountability, quality, and patient safety.
- Apply advanced clinical judgment and accountability in the evaluation of evidence-based care for individuals, families and populations.
- Integrate, evaluate, and apply new knowledge and technology within the nursing domain and area of specialization.
- Serve as a leader in the development, implementation and evaluation of health care policy to advance the nursing profession and to advocate for social justice, equity and ethical policies in all aspects of health care.
- Provide leadership in collaborative efforts among health professionals and with clients and community partners.
- Demonstrate mastery of professional competencies leading to certification within a practice specialty
The areas of concentration are:
Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW) is a member of the Purdue Graduate Nursing Consortium which includes the nursing departments of Purdue West Lafayette and Purdue Calumet. This consortium provides inter-campus graduate education by sharing technology, faculty, and clinical resources from the nursing departments affiliated with Purdue University. The Purdue consortium helps provides resources that make Purdue graduate nursing education accessible and attractive to nurses who want to advance their careers.
The programs are part of the graduate school of Purdue University.
Please call 260-481-6189 for an appointment to discuss a plan of study.