DANB is the nationally recognized premier certification and credentialing agency for dental assistants. Since 1948, the Dental Assisting National Board, Inc. (DANB) has played a vital role in the oral healthcare community. Recognized by the American Dental Association (ADA) as the national credentialing agency for dental assistants and accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA), DANB serves the public good by providing a means of identifying qualified and competent dental assistants and by measuring and promoting excellence in oral healthcare delivery. Please visit the Dental Assisting National Board, Inc. for more information.
As of January 1, 2012, DANB Certificants no longer receive CDE credits for CPR certification. Current DANB-accepted CPR certification is required for annual renewal of DANB certification. DANB accepts CPR certifications from the providers below. If the Certificant was given a hands-on examination CPR must be part of the course. CPR certification from other providers or courses will not be accepted.
Copy of front and back of a current CPR card from one of the organizations listed below; the card must be dated and signed, or imprinted with the instructor’s name, and have the Certificant’s name or signature on the card.
DANB-Accepted CPR Providers:
• American Environmental Health and Safety
• American Heart Association
• American Red Cross
• American Safety and Health Institute
• Canadian Red Cross
• Emergency Care and Safety Institute
• Emergency First Response
• Emergency Medical Training Associates
• Emergency University-Not all courses include the hands-on exam, so check with provider before taking course to be sure it will be accepted by DANB
• EMS Safety Services
• Medic First Aid
• Military Training Network
• National Safety Council (Green Cross)
• ProCPR (added Feb. 2009)-Not all courses include the hands-on exam, so check with provider before taking course to be sure it will be accepted by DANB
• Saudi Heart Association