IPFW Behavioral Health & Family Studies Institute
Center of Excellence
The institute focuses on issues that relate to the prevention of behavioral dysfunction and the restoration of mental health functioning across the life span within an individual, family, and community context with the goal of increasing the quality of life for the citizens of northeast Indiana.
The Institute is modeled after the Louis de la Parte Florida Mental Health Institute and enhances the quality of life in the region by:
- Providing leadership to the northeast Indiana community in concerns related to behavioral health and family studies.
- Offering professional training to behavioral health and family services providers.
- Providing a central source of information related to behavioral health and family studies topics for the citizens of northeastern Indiana.
- Encouraging high school students, college students, graduate students, postdoctoral fellows and other scientists to pursue careers in behavioral health and family studies fields.
- Collaborating with other IPFW Centers of Excellence to provide northeastern Indiana human service and government agencies consultation, needs assessment, program planning, and evaluation.