Standard 3. The unit and its school partners design, implement, and evaluate field experiences and clinical practice so that teacher candidates and other school professionals develop and demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and professional dispositions necessary to help all students learn.
List of Exhibits
3.1 Memoranda of understanding, contracts, and/or other documents that demonstrate partnerships with schools
3.2 Criteria for the selection of school faculty
3.3 Documentation of the preparation of school faculty for their roles
3.4 Descriptions of field experiences and clinical practice requirements in programs for initial and advanced teacher candidates and other school professionals
During our Indiana Department of Education program reviews (2008-2010), we were asked to provide specific information about the scope and sequence of field experiences in each of our programs. This information can be found in DOCUMENT 1 for each program under Standard 1 [Initial Programs Advanced Programs].
For ease of use, however, we’ve created a summary pdf containing all state feedback regarding our field experiences. As you can see, each program, except 1 (Gifted and Talented), passed this criteria during the evaluation process.
3.5 Guidelines for student teaching and internships
- This webpage provides a broad overview of all of our undergraduate field experiences
- This webpage explains the application process for Student Teaching as well as provides a link to the Student Teaching Handbook
- Elementary and Secondary Education: This pdf provides descriptions and guidelines for field experiences (Service Learning for Diversity; p. 8 & 35-43) within the programs
- Educational Leadership: This pdf provides an overview of the practicum experience (pages 7-8) for candidates
- School Counseling: This webpage provides a broad overview of internships in the program and expected activities to be completed during the internship:
The School Counseling program recently decided to use their (revised) formal internship evaluation during the first and second semester of the experience:
- Special Education: This pdf provides guidelines and application procedures for internships, field experiences, and practicum for the program (see pages 10-11, 22-23, and Appendix):
3.6 Assessments and scoring rubrics/criteria used in field experiences and clinical practice for initial and advanced teacher candidates and other school professionals
- Elementary, Secondary, & Educational Leadership Service Learning for Diversity (see Standard 1 or exhibit 5 above)
- Educational Leadership: This pdf provides details on practicum assessment tools (e.g., 17-20, Appendices) and Service Learning for Diversity experiences for candidates
- School Counseling
3.7 (New) Additional evidence requested by Offsite BOE Team, listed in order of citation in the Offsite BOE Report
IPFW School of Education Indiana Department of Education/Division of Professional Standards