Celebrate 50 Years
College of Education and Public Policy

Special Education Webinar

Discover IPFW Special Education Certificate
via Free Webinar

Coursework can be completed in one year, 
plus one semester of practicum!! 

 "Since 2010, we have had a 100% pass rate on all Special Education licensure exams."

Welcome to the Special Education program! We have a variety of options to help you learn the required knowledge and skills to apply for an Indiana License in Mild Intervention and/or Intense Intervention. You can either be an undergraduate or graduate student. See table for your options and contact us. We would love to talk with you.

Link to the Special Education Program Graduate Admissions webpage

Program Options
Mild Intervention Minor
Intense Intervention Certificate  
Professional Development PGP  

Photo of Jane Leatherman, Ph.D.

Dr. Jane Leatherman

Chair of the Department of Professional Studies / Associate Professor



Photo of Jeong-il Cho, Ph.D.

Dr. Jeong-il Cho
Assistant Professor / Program Director of Special Education

  • Office: Neff Hall, 250E
  • Phone: 260-481-6454
  • E-mail: choj@ipfw.edu



Photo of Rama Cousik, Ph.D.

Dr. Rama Cousik
Assistant Professor


Information about Adjunct Special Education Instructors

Student TestimonialPhoto of Dana Muehl

"As a general education teacher, I was looking for classes to increase my knowledge in working with students with learning exceptionalities. I enjoyed the professors and classes at IPFW so much that I decided to work towards my special education license. I truly appreciate the small class size which lends itself to discussion based classes. The professors are knowledgeable, insightful and approachable. The special education classes at IPFW are equipping me to meet the needs of the various learners I see every day."

Dana Muehl, Emmanuel Lutheran Elementary School Resource Teacher