Academic Regulations Admission
- 2.0: Admission. University requirements for admission are established by the trustees. Program-specific admission requirements in addition to those established by the trustees may be imposed by schools, divisions, and departments. Any such requirements shall become effective when published in the IPFW Bulletin or its supplement.
- 2.1: Regular admission of a nondegree student. Any student admitted in nondegree status may apply for regular admission. Nondegree admission is limited to a maximum of 24 credits; thereafter, a student may register only after applying for and being granted regular admission; exceptions are granted by the Registrar upon the recommendation of the student's advising unit. Any student who is denied regular admission shall be notified of the reasons for this decision; any student who is granted regular admission shall be notified of which courses taken in the nondegree status may be applied to satisfy degree requirements.
- 2.2: Admission of a student transferring between institutions or IPFW programs.
- 2.2.1: A transfer student or a re-entering student who has not enrolled at IPFW during the previous twelve months shall:
- 188.8.131.52: Designate the intended curriculum on the re-entry or transfer-admission form.
- 184.108.40.206: Submit the completed form to the admissions office for evaluation.
- 2.2.2: Any other student who wishes to transfer from one program to another at IPFW shall:
- 220.127.116.11: Prepare the prescribed transfer-request form.
- 18.104.22.168: Secure the approval of the school/division to which the transfer is proposed.
- 22.214.171.124: Submit the completed request form to the Registrar's office. The Registrar shall notify the admissions office whenever such a transfer will also change the student's university affiliation, and the admissions office shall then transfer all previous IPFW credits to the records system of the student's new university.
- 2.3: Credit transfer for a student transferring between IPFW programs. When a student transfers from one degree or certificate program to another, the school/division to which the student is transferring shall promptly report to the Registrar the status of every course previously taken. Each completed course, regardless of the grade received, shall be classified into one of the following two categories:
- 2.3.1: Courses which are required for, or applicable to, the student's new curriculum or which are substantially equivalent to, and are acceptable as, substitutes for such required courses.
- 2.3.2: Courses not applicable to the program to which the student is transferring. The grade in any course which can satisfy a degree requirement, other than a free elective, may not be removed from the cumulative GPA.
- 2.4: Application of credit for students who re-enter IPFW. At the time a student is accepted for campus transfer, re-entry, or readmission after not having attended IPFW or any other campus of Indiana University or Purdue University for five or more calendar years, the IPFW academic unit by which the student is accepted may report to the Registrar each GPA- applicable course on the student's academic record in which the grade earned cannot be counted toward graduation or degree credits because it is considered to be of less than passing quality. As recommended by the student's academic unit, the Registrar will exclude grades earned in these courses from the calculation of the student's cumulative GPA. However, both these courses and the grades earned therein will remain on the student's academic record. This option can be employed only once per student, and an appropriate notation of this transaction shall be made on the student's academic record.
Back to top
Academic Regulations and Procedures (SD 85-18)
(Effective Spring 2013)