The IPFW Pride Plus Award is given in conjunction with the Community Advisory Council, the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Financial Affairs, and Development. The purpose, procedures, and eligibility guidelines for nominating and selecting recipients are outlined below.
Purpose and Eligibility
The purpose of the award is to honor clerical and service staff members for excellence in service to the university community. All fully benefited members of the IPFW Clerical and Service Staff, who have completed one year of service, are eligible for nomination of the award. Previous recipients will not be eligible for nomination in the three years immediately following their award, but will be eligible thereafter. Nominees are judged on the basis of their performance in the three-year period directly preceding their nomination.
- Eligible clerical and service staff personnel may be self-nominated or nominated by another IPFW employee. The nomination must be submitted no later than 5 pm on Friday, March 1, 2013 to James Velez, Walb Union 112 or Bobbi Barnes, Neff 360.
- The nomination should consist of the Nomination Form and not more than two additional pages of support. CSSAC will solicit a statement of support from the nominee's department supervisor, if not included, to complete the nomination package. (Note: If you are entering text directly on the PDF form you will need to TAB to move to the next line in the supporting documentation fields.)
- The selection committee will seek additional information from supervisors and co-workers.
- The Selection Committee is comprised of clerical and service CSSAC representatives and the two previous award recipients. The Selection Committee will screen the nominations and recommend for consideration two clerical and two service members to the Clerical and Service Staff Advisory Committee.
- In the event of a tie, the CSSAC presiding chair will cast the deciding vote.
- In the event a member of CSSAC is a nominee, that person will not be involved in the selection process.
- The winners will be informed of their status one week before the Recognition Luncheon and will be invited to attend the Clerical and Service Staff Recognition Luncheon as guests of the committee.