Statement of Purpose
The purpose of the award is to honor administrative staff members for excellence in job performance, excellence in service, and/or outstanding contributions to the university.
All members of the IPFW Administrative & Professional Staff Advisory Council as defined under Article II of the Constitution are eligible for nomination for the award.
- Previous recipients shall not be eligible for nomination in the three years following their award but shall be eligible in succeeding years.
- Nominees shall be judged on the basis of their performance in the three year period directly preceding the nomination.
- Additionally, no departmental quotas shall exist regarding the number of nominations submitted.
- Eligible administrators may be self-nominated or nominated by another IPFW employee using the online submission form.
- The Administrative Excellence Award subcommittee shall solicit a statement of support from the nominee’s department supervisor to complete the nomination package.
- The Administrative Excellence Award sub-committee shall consist of seven members, one of whom shall be drawn from the elected membership of the APSAC steering committee. The membership of the sub-committee shall include representatives of Academic Affairs, Financial Affairs, and Student Affairs. If possible, the sub-committee will include one or more past recipients of the Administrative Excellence Award.
- In the event that a member of either the sub-committee or the steering committee is a nominee, that person shall not participate in either the selection or the approval process.
The Recipient of the Award shall receive the following:
- An Administrative Professional Excellence Award plaque
- $250 monetary award ( via paycheck minus associated taxes)
- Name added to Administrative Award Honorees plaque in KT Faculty/Staff lounge
- Invited guest to the Staff Recognition Luncheon where they will be honored