The purpose of APSAC's Dependent Scholarship Fund is to encourage dependents of IPFW's administrative and professional employees to take advantage of the outstanding educational opportunities we have at IPFW.
- Student must be eligible for the fee remission under the Purdue University guidelines.
- A parent must be a current IPFW APSAC member.
- The student must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- The student cannot be an employee of IPFW who receives benefits.
- The student must reapply for the scholarship each year.
- Must complete the IPFW Common Scholarship Application by February 1st.
Administration of the Scholarship
The scholarship will be administered as follows:
- The amount of the award is up to $250.00 per semester or a total up to $500.00 for an academic year.
- The scholarship will be awarded prior to the beginning of the semester/academic year for which the student has applied.
- The number of applicants selected to receive the scholarship will depend upon the funds available.
- If there are more applicants than there are funds available, the award will go to the students with the most accumulated credit hours. (An applicant with 80 total credit hours would receive the award before an applicant with 65 total credit hours.) Each applicant will receive an award up to $250.00 before any applicant can receive the full $500.00.
- Applicants are eligible for up to a total of $2,000.00 under this scholarship during their time at IPFW.
- Once scholarship recipients have been selected, the President of APSAC will send a memorandum to the Financial Aid Office with the necessary information about the recipients, the recipients will be notified and the names of winners (and associated employees of which they are a dependent) will be posted to the APSAC website.
Questions should be directed to the President of APSAC for consideration by the council.