Department of Communication
The IPFW Department of Communication strives to prepare undergraduate and graduate students to be critically engaged citizens. Our program of study develops students' theoretical, technological, and rhetorical skills needed to achieve their professional and personal goals. Moreover, the interdisciplinary nature of our department reflects the complexity of a world facing challenges best addressed by skilled communicators.
To accomplish our mission, faculty in the Department of Communication work to:
- Develop and deliver high quality instruction;
- Maintain and present exceptional programs of research and creative endeavor;
- Serve and inspire our profession, university, and community by sharing our expertise and scholarship
Check out the multimedia interviews and videos of Dr. Michelle Kearl and Dr. Art Herbig - highlighted in the COAS Faculty in Focus series.
Front l to r: Melissa Dietrich, Irwin Mallin, Randi Boyd, Steve Carr, Kevin Stoller, Wei Luo
Back l to r: Adam Dircksen, Marcia Dixson, Art Herbig, Brandon Bouchillon, Barbara Smith, Michelle Kearl Assem Nasr
Not pictured: Sarah LeBlanc and Nadia Martinez-Carrillo
The IPFW Department of Communication offers bachelor's and master's degrees to prepare you for success in the communication field. In our classes, you’ll receive:
- hands-on experience in the classroom, including the use of our state-of-the-art Mac Lab
- opportunities to receive money to attend conferences so you can learn from professionals in the communication field
- work experience through our internship programsmall class sizes and personal attention from your professors
- a cost-effective degree from Purdue University, an internationally recognized leader in higher education.
Check us out on Facebook