Advising & Academics
The mission of the Advising Office for the College of Arts and Sciences is to provide comprehensive and professional academic advising to the students in the College, to provide advisor training to the advisors in the school, to be the official record keeper for the students in the school, to advise all incoming transfer students on their first semester of attendance, and to advise any student in the school if a departmental advisor is not available.
The IPFW College of Arts and Sciences Academic Advising Office accepts the following values:
- Students deserve dependable, accurate, respectful, honest, friendly, and professional advising;
- Students have a desire to learn;
- Learning needs vary according to individual skills, goals, and experiences;
- Students hold their own values and beliefs;
- Students are responsible for their behavior;
- Students can be successful based on their individual goals and efforts
- Advisors are responsible to the students they serve;
- Advisors are responsible for involving others, when appropriate, in the advising process;
- Advisors are responsible to the School and IPFW.
The IPFW College of Arts and Sciences Academic Advising Office will be nationally known for the following:
- Comprehensive and professional academic advising;
- The quality of its advisor training program;
- Student recognition of the quality of the advising experiences.