Choose your path.
With so many options it can be difficult to know which degree fits you best. Choosing your major and future career interests can be difficult, but IPFW offers various resources to help you find the right path.
- Visit Career Services online to check out their list of majors and major-related information.
- Visit Career Services in person in Kettler Hall, Room 109. Make an appointment with a career counselor, take a career assessment, or check out a book from their career library.
- Take a class to determine the subjects that you are most interested in. There are several options to choose from. Talk to your academic advisor about exploring different course options.
- Talk to an academic advisor in a major you are considering. They can give you plenty of information, like what classes will transfer for degree requirements and what kinds of jobs are related to that major.
- Try an internship, externship, or job shadow in the field you are considering. This is a great way to get hands-on experience and see if it is the right path for you.
- Visit departmental websites to see what students in each program are doing, such as class projects, competitions, or research. You can also find out more about the required courses for each major.
If you are unsure which major to start in, you can enter IPFW as a deciding student.