Mission, Values, and Vision
IPFW’s mission is to meet the higher education needs of northeast Indiana. We offer a broad range of high-quality undergraduate, graduate, and continuing education programs that meet regional needs, support excellence in teaching and learning, advance and share knowledge through research and creative endeavor, and work with the community to develop intellectual, cultural, economic, and human resources.
We are committed to excellence in teaching, student learning, research and creative endeavor, and regional development. As such, IPFW values:
- the pursuit of knowledge in an environment that encourages free and open inquiry, academic achievement, scholarship, and creativity.
- a strong general education program and baccalaureate framework that emphasize critical thinking, promote lifelong learning, and continue the traditions of the sciences, arts, and humanities.
- a commitment to student access and success that is demonstrated through services and student life programs responsive to individual needs and interests.
- a campus environment that promotes integrity, respect for diversity, responsible citizenship, accountability, sustainability, and continuous improvement.
- the principles of shared governance, civility, and open communication among all groups within the university.
- the traditions of scholarly excellence and public engagement of Indiana University and Purdue University.
- the professional commitment, innovations, and accomplishments of faculty and staff.
- partnership with the community to enhance social, economic, cultural, civic, and intellectual life in the region.
IPFW will be a nationally recognized university, known for its regional impact and:
- the excellence, value, and accessibility of its academic programs.
- an exceptional environment for teaching, learning, and student achievement.
- the scholarly and creative accomplishments of its faculty, students, and staff.
- its contributions to the quality of life of the region.